The Public Housing Scattered Site program provides assistance for low-income families by

providing rental units owned by Appleton Housing Authority.  The rent and utilities for the
housing units is based
30% of the program participant’s monthly-adjusted income.  Water is the only utility included in the rent at almost all of our units.

How can I become a part of this program?

Anyone is welcome to apply.  Applications are available at our office, on our website or can be

requested by calling our office.  When an applicant’s name reaches the top of the waiting list, they will be contacted by Appleton Housing Authority for an eligibility interview.  Eligibility for the housing program will be determined at that interview.

Eligibility to enter into a lease and reside in an Appleton Housing Authority Scattered Site unit is determined total gross annual income, family size, and is limited to United States citizens and specified categories of non-citizens who have eligible immigration status.  Based onhousehold

size, median income levels are published annually by HUD and vary by location. A family’s annual income may not exceed 50% of the median income for the country or metropolitan area in which the family chooses to live.

Where can I live?

Appleton Housing Authority has 48 Scattered Site 

housing units all over the city of AppletonThe housing units have as little as 1 bedroom up to 5 bedrooms.  The housing unit that you are eligible for is usually based on family size and the ages and gender of the children in the family. 

Can I move and continue to receive this assistance?

No, in order to retain this assistance the family must continue to reside in the housing unit they leased.  The only way a family can move and continue the Scattered Site program is if they are transferring to another unit because a change in the family size or for another acceptable reason. 

What is the term of the lease?

After one year, the lease changes from a one-year lease into a month to month lease.  You may vacate with at least a written 60-day notice to Appleton Housing Authority after the term of the lease expires.

How do I apply?

If you are interested in applying for the Public Housing Scattered Site program, contact Appleton Housing Authority for an application, visit our Applications Page, or stop at the main office to complete one.